Season two continues as it began with more high adventure, as the Discovery fires up the spore drive and follows a new red burst 50,000 light years across the universe into the Beta Quadrant, where they find an impossible colony! As Pike, Burnham and Owosekun go down to the surface to investigate, Tilly ignores OH&S to help out Stamets and unearths her own spooky business. The mysteries multiply, the crew’s trust in each other grows, General Order One gets debated, and the #DetmerDrift is born. Plus there’s tension between science and religion, big questions about faith, and we want Pike to be our Dad (or Daddy?) more than ever.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Connect with us and let us know your thoughts via Twitter, Facebook or our website. A transcript of this episode is available here.
- Touched by an Angel is a TV series about two guardian angels.
- There are reports that Chinese labs are using CRISPR gene-editing technology on humans.
- A “deus ex machina” is an unsatisfying surprise solution to a problem.
- Rumspringa is a rite of passage for Mennonite and Amish teenagers.
- The “Manic Pixie Dream Girl” is a character archetype seen primarily in films from the 2000s.
- Lt Reginald Barclay is a recurring character introduced in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Here’s a link to our “Space Dads” Twitter poll.