The moment we’ve all be waiting for is here! Brother is the first episode of Discovery season two, and the re:Discovery crew is here to guide you through it. In a thrilling season opener, we meet Captain Pike and some of the Enterprise crew – but not Spock as expected, which looms large. There are seven mysterious red lights blinking simultaneously 30,000 light years apart. An Enterprise officer meets a grisly end mid-mansplain. We talk Discovery’s aliens, non-humans and augmented humans. Science officer McKenzie nerds out about non-baryonic matter. And we collectively scream over the latest addition to the Discovery crew: Tig Notaro as the swaggering, sassy Jet Reno!
- “Be Right Back” is an episode of Black Mirror, where a woman has a virtualisation of her dead husband’s personality (gathered from his online presence) placed into an android body.
- The Barzan are a humanoid alien race on Star Trek that require a respirator to feed them the toxic (to humans) gasses found on their homeworld.
- The history of Airiam – Discovery’s augmented human bridge officer.
- Alex Kurtzman takes over from Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts as showrunner on Discovery.
- New Star Trek show announced staring Michelle Yeoh – featuring Section 31.
- New Picard show
- Lower Decks – the new Star Trek animated series.